Re: Modem Table File

John Storms (jstorms@livingston.com)
Wed, 13 Nov 1996 13:16:21 -0800

At 11:36 AM 11/12/96 +0500, you wrote:
>Is there any way to delete the entire modem table file on my PM?
>or the only way is to delete them one by one :(

Nope, the only way to do them is one by one. The same applies to all the
tables in the PortMaster. One option several people have used is PMcommand
(syntax below) which sends over a batch of commands to the PortMaster

PMCOMMAND

The PMcommand utility runs on a UNIX platform from a shell that transfers a
file of Portmaster commands from a file on the UNIX host to the Portmaster
and executes them in the order found in the file. PMcommand uses TCP port 1643.

SYNTAX

pmcommand [Portmaster name] [Portmaster password] [command filename]

Portmaster name - is the host name or IP address of the Portmaster.
Portmaster password - is the !root password for the Portmaster
command filename - is the name of the text/ascii file that holds all
the commands to send to the Portmaster.

---
jstorms@livingston.com
"I couldn't be more surprised if I woke up with
my head sewn into the carpet" - Clark Griswald