Re: Livingston ISP prices?

Jukka Pakkanen (jukka.pakkanen@qnet.fi)
Wed, 13 Nov 1996 19:27:04 +0200

Joe Sasek wrote:

> The official word on the ISP pricing is that nothing has changed for U.S. ISP's.
> Livingston makes this program available internationally though our authorized
> distributor channel. We failed to consider that in the international market
> there
> are issues relative to import duties (country specific) that weren't taken into
> account, and for that I apologize. To avoid futher confusion of
> international ISP's
> we've taken our "North American ISP price list" off of the web page. Rest
> assured
> the pricing that was listed is in fact official and will absolutely be
> honored for
> North American ISP's. For international ISP's the price will have to add country
> specific duty, and shipping charges which will effect the pricing on a
> country by

Joe, thanks for your response. But that still doesnīt explain the HUGE
difference in the US ISP Price (which earlier was also International ISP
price) and the ISP price I got from the local dealer.

Please note that the US List and US ISP prices I have here already
include the shipping from US to Finland AND custom duties. So in my
understanding the US ISP and Local ISP proce should be equal. But
instead, the local ISP price is 65% higher!

> >> I was unable to make sense of this ...
> >
> >My guess is he meant he got the following prices from www.livingston.com:
> >
> >US List US ISP Best price he could get from his nearest distributor
> >$20434 $11,086 $18260

Exactly. Example the US ISP price comes from the list price as published
at http://www.livingston.com, minus 45% discount, plus usd100 for
shipping
plus 10% custom duties. The shipping might be more, but itīs peanuts.

regards Jukka