Re: Dropped connections on downloads

bem@cmc.net
Tue, 12 Nov 1996 20:03:17 -0800 (PST)

Ah, it seems you have the cause and effect backwards: the PPP connection
is dropped, and then the client complains that it can't see the socket
any more.

For '95 there is a (typically Microsoftish) bassackwards configuration
you may need to do. On the connection, there is buried somewhere some
sliders for 'FIFO Buffers'. Read the help on them... if you make them
SMALLER, the connection is more stable.

It seems to fix a lot of problems seen when moving large amounts of
data. It's weird and backwards, But so is Microsoft.