Re: Networked PC Dialout Access via Portmasters

Robert Boyle (robert@garden.net)
Mon, 11 Nov 1996 21:40:25 -0500

At 12:57 PM 11/11/96 -0500, you wrote:
>Does anyone know of a quality software product that will allow PC users
>to dialout via a networked modem pool. The software must make the modem
>pool look local and it must work with "Microsoft Dialup Networking" so
>users can dialout to our customers and connect to their MS RAS servers.

>I've tried "COMt" but this is a 16 bit application and I can't get it to
>work reliably or to work with any 32 bit applications.

>I'd prefer to be able to use our Portmaster, but right now, I'm desperate so
>if I need to buy some other kind of hardware, I'll do it. Whatever works!

Try http://www.spartacom.com The software is stable, fast, and reliable. It
is a little pricey, but if you have the need it is the best solution. There
is also another product by a company called LanSource
http://www.lansource.com but I don't reccommend using their software. It is
mostly subjective, but that's my take on the two.

-Robert

Robert Boyle - Engineer robert@garden.net WAN/Intranet/Internet Services
Garden Networks: New Jersey's Premier Internet Service Provider
50 Diller Ave. / Newton, NJ 07860 (201)300-9211 10AM-5PM EST
28 Route 46 West / Pine Brook, NJ 07058 (201) 808-5558 10AM-7PM EST
http://www.garden.net Automatic Response: info@garden.net