Re: USR Total Control vs. PM 3 (fwd)

MIX System Operator (sysop@mixcom.com)
Mon, 11 Nov 1996 17:05:48 -0600

At 03:15 PM 11/11/96 -0500, Matthew S Crocker wrote:
>I didn't think PPP would even link up at anything under 9600 bps. I
>tell our customers the minimum we support is 9600 bps

It does, but mail tends to be a problem at times. I've watched a few and
had to manually reset the file locks while they pulled mail. Too many
messages and it slowed down, paused, and choked.

Qualcomm POP, BSDI, on a P133 w/64 and about 6 drives.

Those few that had 2400's were warned ahead of time and we offered 14.4's
for some of the them, just so I would not have to babysit thier POP
connection every few days.

Lock the ARQ on all modems and no more 2400's allowed with no complaints.

Jeff Mountin
sysop@mixcom.com

MIX Communications
Serving the Internet since 1990

Sure my business card says "Senior Network Administrator"
They still make me do just about anything.