No 2400 baud support on PM3

Mervyn Jack (mervynj@ace.cnl.com.au)
Mon, 11 Nov 1996 01:04:27 +1100 (EST)

On Sat, 9 Nov 1996, MegaZone wrote:

> No, we will not support 2400. Going back that far would take more effort
> than it is worth. Sorry.

OH NO! even I use 2400baud running ppp with windows 3.1 and trumpet
winsock from one of my locations. I can telnet handle email even browse
with netscape (graphics off).
We also have several customers still using 2400.

I must admit, with the price of 14.4k modems I suppose I could lash out
and get one. I use the 2400 'cause it's there, and I can, like Everest!

Mervyn Jack
Technical Services
Country Netlink Pty Ltd, P.O. Box 529, Cobram, Vic, Australia.
Providing Internet access to the Cobram, Shepparton & Benalla local call areas.
Phone 058 711000 | Fax 058 711874 | Mobile 019 438419
Work: http://www.cnl.com.au | Personal: http://www.cnl.com.au/~mervynj