Re: Argh.. Vacation.Msg Mania!

FixSmack@aol.com
Sat, 9 Nov 1996 19:23:57 -0500

>> From: FixSmack@aol.com
>
>heh, AOL? Heheh MUHAHAH.... this is funny

Yeah. I'm an idiot.

I'm on the portmaster mailing list cause I use a PM2e to dial-up to AOL with
on 30 different lines I love it so much.

I figured I'd send from AOL in case you got mad and tried to "rape" me.

>> So are we to assume by "splattered" and "raping" you abused your
>> connection/everyone's bandwith/the internet in general/and someones
>>business? You even admit to sending a mailing back through the list...
>>Should some "splatter" and "rape" your system?
>
>Hmm... You use AOL, how about I send the BULLSHIT I have recieved
>from aol over the years? Didn't think you wanted to hear that.

Umm... do I have Steve Case on my pocket protector?

>I sent ONE message to the list, after I got 5 repeats of the same
>message from the same person. Now, my sending that message kicked
>back in my face, but how am I to know the folks at Zyxel are so
>stupid they can't figure out how to make a list server work (but, I
>should have suspected it - look at their modems).

They make modems and millions of bux. I bet they wish they were as smart and
as cool as you.

>> Half+ people on this list ran into this problem. But I assume most
>of them
>> handled it accordingly and just turned off their auto-responder
>accts.
>
>Well, I didn't do it back to the list.... I took care of the problem
>my way.

Just what the internet needs, millions of "my ways"

(See RFC-2384912304781938497239874 "Jacob's Plan for Making TCP/IP a Better
World")

>I made my comment on the point. If you got a problem with
>it, try typing 'unsubscribe', or get a nice mail filter (will AOL let
>you do that? Doubt it but anyways) and redirect messages from me to
>/dev/null.

Does no one else on this list of "portmaster-users", which I assume means
"providers" for most, which I also assume means "make my living here" find
this offensive?

>Oh, sorry, forgot, AOL users don't know where /dev/null is. Well,
>its that place where the sun doesn't shine.

Is there an AOL Keyword for /dev/null ?

>Thank you, Drive through.

And yes I WOULD like fries with that.

>Jacob "Beavis" Suter