Re: download disconnects

Robert Hof (rhof@netinc.ca)
Sat, 9 Nov 1996 12:24:57 -0500

Are you using a stock PM2? If so, you most likely are running out of memory.
We bumped both of our PM2s up to 4mb, and the problem went away. It seems
that recent com-oses have added considerably to the memory requirements.

Rob

At 11:58 PM 11/7/96 -0600, Michael J. Mulcahy wrote:
>I have had the same problem and have not yet found a solution. Help on
>this issue would be appreciated.
>

> - Michael J. Mulcahy
> - Director of Computer Operations
> - mulcahy@acadian.net
>

>On Thu, 7 Nov 1996, Jeremy T. Elston wrote:
>

>> A few of our customers are having problems downloading files. Their
>> PPP connection seems to work fine, but when they try to download
>> files from the net they get a "Disconnected by Peer" after about 1 MB
>> or so is downloaded (% completed is random). What causes a
>> line disconnection like this? My roommate had this problem
>> last night. I checked his DUN config and it is fine. We have
>> separate computers, but using the same software and settings. I have
>> never had this problem occur on my system, yet he got booted from the
>> system 5 times while trying to download Netscape 3.0.
>>

>> Technical Support - Applied InterNet Solutions
>>
>> - Jeremy T. Elston - System Engineer
>> (TechSupport@Greenwood.net)
>>
>> "Professionalism is a way of life, not a part-time job."

Robert Hof, More and Faster
Network Enterprise Technology Inc. ------------------------
http://www.netinc.ca Hamilton, Ontario CANADA