Re: sloow telnet logins

Jon Lewis (jlewis@inorganic5.fdt.net)
Wed, 6 Nov 1996 10:34:57 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 5 Nov 1996, Kevin Kadow wrote:

> > Sometimes when I telnet into my 1.3.100 Linux box (regardless
> > of from where), I get the "connected, escape char is", then the
> > /etc/issue file, and then a 5-minute or infinite delay before
> > the "login:" prompt. Has anyone else seen and fixed this problem?
> >
> > Alan Wendt
> > alan@ezlink.com
>
> This problem has existed since the 0.9 releases of Linux, but I have found
> one reliable way to fix the '5-minute delay' bugs in inetd and ttymon...
>
> Dump Linux and install the latest free [Net|Free|Open]BSD system.

Gee...this unix things not working...guess I'll install NT.

I've never seen the 5-minute pause...but the infinite one was recently
found (bug in the tty system) and fixed in 2.0.something.

Jon Lewis <jlewis@fdt.net> | Unsolicited commercial e-mail will
Network Administrator | be proof-read for $199/hr.
________Finger jlewis@inorganic5.fdt.net for PGP public key_______