Re: Resetting stats on PM2 (fwd)

MIX System Operator (sysop@mixcom.com)
Tue, 05 Nov 1996 15:51:38 -0600

At 12:19 PM 11/4/96 -0800, John G. Thompson wrote:
>On Mon, 4 Nov 1996 patrick@value.net wrote:

>> > Are there any plans to have this in the future? I do the 'clear counters'
>> > on Cisco and when a port shows errors like frames and spurs, it sure would
>> > be nice to clear without rebooting, especially during busy hours.
>>
>> I would like to second or third this RFE. It would make it much easier to
>> track down bad modems/lines.
>
>Patrick, it's more like 10th or 12th the RFE. I'm pushing for this and
>other RFEs to make OUR life easier. Yes, "OUR". It would make it MUCH
>easier to tech support to help you, the customer with the above and other
>much needed functionality.
>
>Please keep reminding 'us' at Livingston. It DOES help!

Gasp! Ungodly quoting. I can imagine the time saved by Lv tech support
waiting for customers to type in the longer commands.

Still remember that days where I did tech support...

Usually a nightmare. 8^)

A 16-64 command buffer history would be nice. In practice I have found the
Cisco's to be a bit short. Not sure how many or if it can be changed.

Jeff Mountin
sysop@mixcom.com

MIX Communications
Serving the Internet since 1990

Sure my business card says "Senior Network Administrator"
They still make me do just about anything.