Re: Win95 DNS problem on new PC

Daniel R. Haughton (dan@cpis.net)
Mon, 4 Nov 1996 23:34:28 -0500

Kendrick:

I've come across this issue before with Packard Bells, especially the newer
ones. We ended up reformatting the hard drive and reinstalling Windows 95.
It worked in both cases. It appears that there was a bad load or
something. I've seen this in another case where a customer had reloaded a
Windows 95 full version over top of an upgrade version and ended up having
some files getting corrupted. A reinstallation of Win 95 and over writing
all files during installation fixed this problem also.

Dan Haughton
System Admin
Connections Plus