Re: 56k to PM2e30? (fwd)

MIX System Operator (sysop@mixcom.com)
Mon, 04 Nov 1996 08:26:36 -0600

At 04:05 PM 11/2/96 -0600, you wrote:
>This is interesting... An Adtran engineer once told me that you can only
>use the cheap CSU/DSUs (such as 5600 or 56/64) on one end of a line ONLY
>becuase they don't have internal clocking.

Doesn't the telco provide the timing? The NI on our Adtrans are set to
external and the port is internal.

We have one T1 that Amertech insists is ok, but frequent carrier transitions
and interface resets were encountered, about 6000-10000 per hour. For fun
we switched the Port DTE-tx-clk to int-inv and data to inverted for the port
settings and it works perfect? This setup is reccomended only if the cable
is long, the cables are the ones that ship with the Ciscos on both ends.

Still Ameritech may be correct, but this was an odd one.

Jeff Mountin
sysop@mixcom.com

MIX Communications
Serving the Internet since 1990

Sure my business card says "Senior Network Administrator"
They still make me do just about anything.