Re: default and alternate hosts

Mike Taylor (taylor@syrinx.jeffnet.org)
Fri, 1 Nov 1996 11:15:04 -0800 (PST)

On Fri, 1 Nov 1996, Paul Prokopenko wrote:

> I have noticed that portmaster does not switch back to default host.
> That is when default host is down, portmaster switches to an alternate host.
> But when the default host is back up portmaster does not notice it and
> continues to use alternate host. Why?
> Is there any way to redirect portmaster back to default host?

Ooooo, If this is true it is very bad. Could result in some of my users
not being able to login after a password change for up to an hour (time
between updates of the secondary). Bad, very bad.

+--ooO-(_)-Ooo--oo0-(_)-0oo--ooO-(_)-Ooo--oo0-(_)-0oo--ooO-(_)-Ooo--+
| NETWORK OPERATIONS CENTER |
| mailto:support@friendly.jeffnet.org Voice # 800-876-8797 |
| http://jeffnet.org/linuxisp 541-776-3283 |
| Mike Taylor - Network Services Manager |