Re: Dialer of Windows NT??

Dennis Hoshield (dhosh@sunny.ncmc.cc.mi.us)
Wed, 29 Nov 1995 22:18:40 -0500 (EST)

Javier ..

On Wed, 29 Nov 1995, Javier Iglesias wrote:

> I have a customer that is running windows NT, and I have never worked
> with it before.. and I guess trumpet winsock won't do it.. he get's some
> kind of error.. what do I need to have him connected to a PPP account?
> would trumpet-32 work? what else is out there..

I've not done it myself as yet ... (ask me again on Friday!!), but NT has
such capabilities built into it .. no need for trumpet winsock, or
anything if it's type .. (i.e. trumpet-32). I believe you can configure
RAS to use a ppp protocol either direct, OR via dial-up. I'd check
there first. It is proably SOMEWHAT similar to Win'95's Dial-up
Networking. It too, can run 'barefoot' on the net, as it requires no
winSOCKS ... :-)

good luck!

Dennis
Dennis Hoshield - Assistant System Operator - North Central Michigan College
1515 Howard St. -- Petoskey -- Michigan -- 49770 (616) 348-6615
dhosh@sunny.ncmc.cc.mi.us (ka8hgs)