Re: ComOS 3.14

Charles Scott (cscott@freeway.net)
Tue, 28 Nov 1995 23:23:22 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 28 Nov 1995, Turnando Fuad wrote:

> Thanks for the response. So we are not seeing things afterall:-).
>
> We did not seem to have the authenticating problem on the our other PMs
> running ComOS 3.12 and ComOS 3.13. When our auth server was down users
> were still able to log into these PMs.

Turnado:
It could be that the problem with failing to report the accounting data
is new to 3.1.4. I've turned off accounting for all our PortMasters just
in case, but I might turn back on the one that's not at 3.1.4 to see what
happens. The others I can't afford to have any authentication failures on.

> We've put in a call to Livingston but have not gotten a response back yet.

Yes, that seems to be the case for us also.

Chuck