Re: Multitech

Jonny Hinojosa (jonny@mail.myriad.net)
Sun, 26 Nov 1995 01:23:01 -0600

At 10:09 PM 11/25/95 -0800, you wrote:

> We haven't relied on radacct, that's why I asked if it was syslog vs
> radacct.
>
> Have the stop records never shown up? or maybe the portmaster is rebooting??
> radacct entries are cashed on the portmaster until they can be sent, if
> they can't be sent they pile up until the memory fills up, and then the
> portmaster hangs.

No indication of a reboot, the assumption is that the other 25 people on the
portmaster would have their connections terminated also. The dropped STOP
records are occasional (1 in 200 get dropped) but since we charge for time
over XX hours per month, this is a little trouble-some.

> if you are only using one server for accounting you might try adding a
> seccond, see if the extra respons time resolves the problem.

time to transfer the acct records is always zero (as shown in the detail file).

Jonny Hinojosa
DigiPhone Corporation

Jonny@DigiPhone.com