Re: rlogins

Tim Flavin (crlmail@mail1.i1.net)
Sat, 25 Nov 1995 05:14:52 -0600 (CST)

On Fri, 24 Nov 1995, Christian Nielsen wrote:

> On Fri, 24 Nov 1995, Tim Flavin wrote:
> >
> > Add the IP from W1
>
> I added that one to the hosts.equiv file and it still does not work.
> Maybe it does not like the rlogins or something.

Bring the hat back out, I have the drums :)

Try telnet from the 2eR and then see where you are logged in from and add
that IP to the hosts.equiv file.

Is this 2eR to a remote pop or is it your main router? For some reason
on our remote 2eR I had to set the gateway to 0.0.0.0 with a metric of 1
and everything seemed to clear up when I did that.

Tim Flavin