Re: Why is the PM flushing queued packets?

Dick St.Peters (stpeters@netheaven.com)
Thu, 23 Nov 1995 20:04:44 -0500

Stephane Volet writes:

> After checking our logs, I've seen numerous occasions where this one
> specific user was getting dumped by the Portmaster with the following
> message in the logs:

> Nov 23 00:02:14 ??? error: port S1 stopped too long - flushing packet queue

> Up till yesterday, only the one user had this problem so I suspected his
> configuration to be the culprit... But I have now two other occurences with
> other users using other operating systems (win3.11 and MacOS... ther first
> one uses win95)...

I occasionally see these messages too, but they don't cause my users
to be dumped - or any other apparent serious problems. Most recently
9 such messages were logged this morning during a six-minute period
about 3:25 AM square in the middle of an hour-long PPP session.

On the "things to worry about" scale, these messages are down in the
noise.

--
Dick St.Peters,         Gatekeeper, Pearly Gateway, Ballston Spa, NY
stpeters@NetHeaven.com  Owner/operator, NetHeaven 518-885-1295/1-800-910-6671