Re: Why is the PM flushing queued packets?

Jaye Mathisen (mrcpu@cdsnet.net)
Thu, 23 Nov 1995 12:57:12 -0800 (PST)

Support told me that this is because of bogus cabling, so that flow=20
control isn't working, but frankly, they're full of beans. =20

I've sent in the configs on the support, the modems have hardware flow=20
control, and I've tried more cables than I can count. 1-25 straight,=20
1-8,20 straight, and others. It still shows up occasionally. =20

I think it's a problem with flow control, but in the PM, not with the cable=
s.

On Thu, 23 Nov 1995, Stephane Volet wrote:

> After checking our logs, I've seen numerous occasions where this one
> specific user was getting dumped by the Portmaster with the following
> message in the logs:
>=20
> Nov 23 00:02:14 ??? error: port S1 stopped too long - flushing packet que=
ue
>=20
> Up till yesterday, only the one user had this problem so I suspected his
> configuration to be the culprit... But I have now two other occurences wi=
th
> other users using other operating systems (win3.11 and MacOS... ther firs=
> one uses win95)...
>=20
> I can't seem to find any mention of such error messages in the literature
> from livingston... It seems now that the problem is mine and I wonder wha=
> it could be...
>=20
> Could it be that I need more RAM in the PM? :-(
>=20
> hmmmmm....
>=20
> St=E9phane VOLET... ! Y.E.S. (virtuel) in=
c.