Re: PM and Spry Mosaic

Ian M. Smith (iansmith@ncinter.net)
Fri, 17 Nov 1995 11:23:52 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 17 Nov 1995, Net Master wrote:
> On Thu, 16 Nov 1995, Frank Heinzius wrote:
> > a customer told me that Air Mosaic from Spry does not work in PPP
> > mode with the PortMasters. SLIP works fine, PPP not. It must be a
> > fault of Air Mosaic, because other PPP products the customer tried
> > work fine with the PPP user settings in the PM (Trumpet Winsock,
> > Chameleon NFS, Win95, OS/2, ...).
>
> NO, that is not true!! We have Air Mosaic Users login to our PM!!

The Spry software has problems, and their tech support has NOT been
helpfull at all. The problm is you can have teh Spry dialer connect to
the Portmaster with PPP if you enter a script, but it will not work
if you enter a userid and password in the PAP section. It just sits
and negotiates with the PM until it times out. SO tell your Spry
customers to use the script login, and NOT use PAP. It's broke.

--
IanSmith@ncinter.net