Re: changing the /etc/syslog.conf

Frank Heinzius (frimp@mms.de)
Fri, 17 Nov 1995 11:34:59 +0000

Hiya,

On 16 Nov 95 at 2:41, Javier Iglesias wrote:

> I want to change the syslog.conf so that it logs all the messages from
> the portmaster into the following file: /var/adm/pm.log

Just add the following line in your /etc/syslog.conf:

auth.info /var/adm/pm.log

But, all other application that syslog their events to auth.info will
place their messages in your pm file.

It would be a good idea to implement the change of the syslog parameters
in COMOS. Ciscos for example use one of the "local" parameters
(local7.debug, I think).

regards,

Frank

--
***** The expressed opinions are totally mine! *****
Frank M. Heinzius             MMS Communication GmbH