Re: UUCP and PortMasters

David Carmean (dave@west.net)
Wed, 15 Nov 1995 20:26:36 -0800 (PST)

In ancient history......

On 2 Sep 1995, Stuart Lynne wrote:

[stuff about using rlogin, in.pmd for UUCP deleted]

> Don't use either, both are optimized for interactive sessions. Use the uucp
> daemon (uucpd.c). It connects your session directly to uucico eliminating
> several layers of byte copying compared to rlogin and in.pmd.
>
> There is a modified version of uucpd.c that supports the rlogin protocol
> which eliminates the extra login:/passwd: exchange.

How does one "use" uucpd from the portmaster, especially from
the regular dialup pool number, without Telnet or Rlogin (to the standard
port)? How do you make the connection to the port? With this modified
uucpd (where can I get it) do you use Login-Service = Rlogin and
Login-TCP-Port = 540?

TIA....Dave.

David Carmean WB6YZM DC574 dave@west.net
System/Network Administrator, WestNet Communications, Inc.
PGP Key Fingerprint: CD 1C C1 15 3E E3 1D 41 ED C2 3E A8 D6 29 BD C4