Re: PM2eR WAN problems...still.

David Carmean (dave@west.net)
Wed, 15 Nov 1995 20:03:06 -0800 (PST)

On Wed, 15 Nov 1995 rick@trcaccess.net wrote:

> >I received a replacement PM2eR to fix the broken WAN port
> >issue some time ago
> [deleted]
> >So, the question is, does the PM2eR WAN port really work
> >yet? I'm about to ask for free IRX-111s from Livingston to provide
> >the functionality that the 2eRs are supposed to give.
>

> Was that a problem with a T-1 port and an Adtrans TSU? That was my
> combination, and kept getting CRC errors on the WAN port. I believe it took
> four times before we got a Portmaster that worked. No problems with the
> current incarnation.

Yup. Adtran TSU. This would make unit number two that
doesn't work correctly. I guess I don't like the idea of trying
unit after unit until I get one that works. Kind of like matching
transistors for a Hi-Fi amlifier?

I'm opening another POP, and am afraid to use the PM2eR for the
Frame link....works fine for a terminal server, though.

David Carmean WB6YZM DC574 dave@west.net
System/Network Administrator, WestNet Communications, Inc.
PGP Key Fingerprint: CD 1C C1 15 3E E3 1D 41 ED C2 3E A8 D6 29 BD C4