Re: Radius For NT.... (fwd)

Chris B. Wilson, VectorNet (cbw@vector.net)
Sun, 5 Nov 1995 16:57:04 -0500 (EST)

On Sun, 5 Nov 1995, Michael Dillon wrote:

> > According to a recent survey, 70% of non-unix-based webservers were
> > running on Macintoshes.
>
> 17% Macintosh, 14% MS (NT and Windows compined), 9% Linux, 30% SUN, other
> UNIX variants had various shares of the market. The survey is at a site
> linked off of http://www.caldera.com

Ugh thats scarry..

> > If Livingston wants to be competitive, they NEED to port
> > pmconsole/pminstall to the Macintosh, NOW.
>
> Why not get a cheap 386 with 4 mega RAM, install Windows 3.1 and use the
> Windows management software. Since our OS of choice is unsupported, that
> is what we do.

Seriously, though, how much management does a portmaster need? I have run
PMWin twice: once to see what it was, the second time to uprade ComOS.
They run forever!

Chris

[ Chris B. Wilson http://www.vector.net/~cbw ]
[ Gateway Telecommunications, Inc./VectorNet cbw@vector.net ]
[ New pager number: 904-412-4241 Office: 904-375-8658 ]