Re: URGENT****

Michael Dillon (michael@memra.com)
Sun, 5 Nov 1995 13:45:13 -0800 (PST)

On Wed, 1 Nov 1995, Joerg SPROCKETS Grau wrote:

> Anyways, here is how I solved the problem.
>
> I stoped RADIUS.
> I started it again.
> It still didn't work.
> I then took all the IP addresses my machine listens to down (I am hosting
> a bunch of other domains (for www purposes), which is done by making your
> machine listen to different ip numbers...)
> I then tried it and YES, it worked!!
> I then, one by one, up'ed the ip numbers again, checking after each one
> if the ping/telnet'ing still worked, and sure enough, after each it did,
> and it stil does.
>

> I don't know what happened and why, but I didn't LIKE it. If anybody has
> any idea why this could have happened, I would REALLY appreciate an
> e-mail about it. As a commercial enterprise my company cannot afford to
> have to be concerned about the functionality of the terminal server.

Uhhh... You just told us that the problem was with your system not with
the Livingston Portmaster.

> This is supposed to be one of the market leaders. This kind of
> un-logical behavior should NOT happen.

If you ask me it is kind of un-logical to ask Livingston to take
responsibility for a SUN problem.

Michael Dillon Voice: +1-604-546-8022
Memra Software Inc. Fax: +1-604-542-4130
http://www.memra.com E-mail: michael@memra.com