RE: Radius Question (fwd)

William Sommers (sommers@sfo.com)
Sun, 5 Nov 95 08:07:59 PST

On Sat, 4 Nov 1995 23:04:49 -0800 (PST) Brian 'MegaZone' Bikowicz wrote:

>> Also, anyone have a solution to preventing multiple logins?
>
> Here are some pointers on how to modify radiusd 1.16 to only allow each
> user to log in once. This simple version doesn't handle power losses
> or having your UNIX server crash, dealing with those situations would
> be more complex. A future version of radiusd will likely include
> something like this, but if you don't want to wait for it here's
> information on doing it yourself.

Just a comment...

I hope Livingston is intending to add this as, say,

ATTRIBUTE Acct-Logins ... integer

with support for arbitrary values rather than simply a hardcoded client-side
binary toggle. While the majority of dialins should indeed default to
single session, there is also need (considerable need in my case) for
allowing a variable number of simultaneous sessions on an account-by-account
basis.

William Sommers
San Francisco Online
Televolve, Inc.