Re: Livingston Radius vs. Ascend Radius

David Carmean (dave@west.net)
Fri, 3 Nov 1995 23:56:06 -0800 (PST)

On Fri, 3 Nov 1995, Jeffrey C. Ollie wrote:

> D> On Fri, 3 Nov 1995, Joey Lamb wrote:
>
> [ deletia ]
>
> It's good to hear your good tidings, since I will have an Ascend 4000 in-house
> soon. After only a quick look at the Ascend radius, it looked like the
> only real differences were the addition of a number of Ascend specific
> attributes to the dictionary file. There was some confusing language
> about accounting in a README, but I only took a quick look.

Looks like there's more to it than that...the Livingston
server wouldn't parse the Ascend-specific entries for me even with the
merged dictionary. At least it didn't know what to do with
Ascend-Assign-IP-Pool, which is defined as 218.

But I suspect it would probably work the other way 'round...
use the merged dictionary with the Ascend code.

David Carmean WB6YZM DC574 dave@west.net
System/Network Administrator, WestNet Communications, Inc.
PGP Key Fingerprint: CD 1C C1 15 3E E3 1D 41 ED C2 3E A8 D6 29 BD C4