Re: Radius For NT....

root (root@sasami.anime.net)
Fri, 3 Nov 1995 00:17:01 -0800 (PST)

> >>Then those of us who would like to have RADIUS for NT either have to get
> >>together and do it on our own (a possibility) or simply scream louder. I,
> >Here's my scream for a port to NT.
> I think that EVERYONE knows how I feel about this, but just in case this is
> being used for a real head count... I'm still waiting, Livingston ;) The
> user table thing really sucks for more than just a few users... esp. over
> multiple POPs. NT RADIUS would be WONDERFUL!

If NT is such an amazing OS that can do everything that Unix can, then it
should be simple to recompile RADIUS on NT and everything should be "hunky
dory". So why haven't one of you done the port yourself already? Or is
there some shortcoming in NT that nobody is willing to fess up to... or is
it simply that none of the NT people know how to operate a compiler...

I don't feel it's Livingston's responsibility to port RADIUS to NT, after
all -- RADIUS is just simple C code. Is something like pmconsole
Livingston's responsibility to port? Yes. RADIUS? No.

Just an observation:

Is it just me, or does it seem that NT people expect to be carried around on a
throne and have everything done for them (or at least with nothing more
than a single mouse click)... while us Unix people are used to doing
things for ourselves (if it doesn't exist, we make it from scratch dammit! :)

-Dan