Re: Dynamic IP assignment going outside it's range

Steve Davies (steve@iafrica.com)
Fri, 3 Nov 1995 10:14:30 +0200 (GMT+0200)

On Wed, 1 Nov 1995, Christian Nielsen wrote:

> You can solve it two ways, 1. take out one modem, we leave s0 open or 2.
> give all your pm's 31 ip addresses.

We have a PM with 27 modems attached which not only gives out a 31st and
32nd address, but goes past that to 0.0.0.0.

Worth noting that we have our PM's announce host routes for dialup users
(cos we have severals PM). And we use radius. We also have a busy
Ethernet. Not sure if these factors contribute.

Steve