Re: Windows 95

Chris B. Wilson, VectorNet (cbw@vector.net)
Tue, 31 Oct 1995 20:47:18 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 31 Oct 1995, David Routh wrote:

> We've got a user trying to connect running Windows 95 but, he's got Netscape
> and Trumpet installed and is trying to run them. I don't know why he
> doesn't want to use the plus, but he's a customer so I'm not gonna ask :-)
>
> Anyway, he connects and establishes a session but then I see dead time on
> the port, the start and idle times are the same. He never goes anywhere and
> he says only sees the hour glass after Netscape starts and it just stays
> there til he disconnects, we've pretty much checked all the configurations
> with no luck.
>
> Has anyone run accross this problem?

Yes. Don't run trumpet under windows 95. Use the dial-up networking (part
of the Win95 base).. Trumpet flakes out under windows95.. Also, another
big big big problem we have is if our users have ever used another
winsock (even another version of trumpet), and then installs our windows
kit, and they don't replace the winsock.dll, things start to freak out a
bit.. check that first!

Chris

[ Chris B. Wilson http://www.vector.net/~cbw ]
[ Gateway Telecommunications, Inc./VectorNet cbw@vector.net ]
[ New pager number: 904-412-4241 Office: 904-375-8658 ]