Re: routing a subnet. (fwd)

Steve Thompson (stevet@ultratech.net)
Fri, 20 Oct 1995 07:03:02 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 18 Oct 1995, Brian 'MegaZone' Bikowicz wrote:

> If this is a dialup connection, modify the Radius entry for the user:
>
> Framed-Address = y.y.y.y
> Framed-Netmask = 255.255.255.240
> Framed-Route = "x.x.x.x y.y.y.y 1"
>
> This way the user can connect to different PMs.

Ok, I managed to get this far myself, however, my Linux boxen pick up a
netmask of 255.255.255.0 when the route is sent out.

Now, I'm not an IP guru as yet, so I don't know if it's linux that has
these problems, or not. At home ('cause I'm the only one with a subnet as
yet :), I've ifconfiged the local network with the subnet and all is well.

Everthing does work, but I wonder what's going to happen once I get a
second PM and I have the other PM start up a session with the same subnet
off that particular class C that I've broken.

> -MZ
> --
> Livingston Enterprises Technical Support

Regards,

Steve Thompson
BOFH, System Admin, Nothing indicates shoddy workmanship
ultratech.net more than lumps in the duct tape.