Re: ComOS dest 0.0.0.0 PPP bug

Igor V. Semenyuk (iga@sovam.com)
Wed, 18 Oct 1995 21:49:19 +0300 (MMT)

> On Wed, 18 Oct 1995, Igor V. Semenyuk wrote:
>
> > I'd reported this before... It looks like portmasters try to negotiate
> > IPXCP even if PPP/IPX is disable for a given user IF the user is
> > authenticated by PAP or CHAP (i.e. s/he starts PPP session right
> > at host or login prompt without going thru user name/password first).
>
> Actually, this is not at all true. All our MacTCP/MacPPP users
> authenticate with PAP, and never an IPX confusion. The ipx thing has
> only started recently, which leads me to believe that it is Win95 only.

Repeat. IF the user's software does NOT support IPXCP
THEN there's no visible consequences of IPXCP attempts from
the portmaster (apart from a slight delay).

I'd seen attempted IPXCP negotiations with Windows 3.11.

--
Igor V. Semenyuk                    Internet: iga@sovam.com
SOVAM Teleport                      Phone:    +7 095 258 4170