Re: AT&T 28.8 connecting to MultiTech 28.8!

Allen J. Newton (anewton@basis.com)
Mon, 16 Oct 1995 08:40:06 -0600 (MDT)

Larry Tusoni wrote:
> Subject: AT&T 28.8 connecting to MultiTech 28.8!
>
> I am using MultiTech 28.8s, model #mt2834zdx and have a customer who
> is using an AT&T Datapoint Express 28.8 #3741 that simply cannot
> connect.
>
> Does anyone know why or what command string I can use to initialize
> either the Multitech or AT&T modem with?

Don't know about the AT&T, but the MultiTechs have a nice feature which
works with other MultiTechs (but as far as I know does NOT work with other
modems) called "Auto-Reliable" mode.

Since you're the provider, you might not want to do this, but I'd at least
give it a try: Turn off auto-reliable mode on the MM (I believe the
command is AT#BA0).

My provider uses Supras and my MM couldn't connect reliably (heh) until I
did that on my end. Also, make sure modems on both ends have the latest
firmwares...

Allen J. Newton     BASIS International Ltd,  (505)-345-5232
5901 Jefferson NE,  Albuquerque, New Mexico   87109
anewton@basis.com   Network Administrator     <*>