Re: anti-multiple-login patches for radiusd

Chris B. Wilson, VectorNet (cbw@vector.net)
Sun, 15 Oct 1995 16:21:11 -0400 (EDT)

On Sun, 15 Oct 1995, William Bulley wrote:

> The Merit version has an extension called LAS (for Local Authorization
> Server) which honors a new check-item (attribute) called Simultaneous-Use.
> If this check-item is associated with a user (say in the users file, etc.)
> and the LAS is properly configured, then the LAS will limit that user to
> that many simultaneous connections (in all the realms and/or for all the
> NAS clients for which this RADIUS server serves). Is that helpful or
> just very confusing? This is the way we have decided to solve this
> problem. Of course, the LAS does a whole heck of a lot of other useful
> things, too, but you just asked about the "multiple login" thingy... :-)

Well, only problem is we're currently using the SCP (or whatever its
called) patch (user.ppp, user.slip, etc), and would we be able to run
that under the Merit version?

[ Chris B. Wilson http://www.vector.net/~cbw ]
[ Gateway Telecommunications, Inc./VectorNet cbw@vector.net ]
[ If your computer doesn't respond for a long time. Turn it off and then back ]
[ on again. [Quoted from Windows 95 Installation program] ]