Re: lines hanging up mysteriously.

Joseph McDonald (joe@smartlink.net)
Fri, 13 Oct 1995 21:50:42 -0700 (PDT)

On Sat, 14 Oct 1995, Cor Bosman wrote:

> Before I go and investigate this more, does anyone else have problems
> with dialins hanging up mysteriously and way too often?
> It seems to happen mostly with PPP connections. The dial connects but
> usually within seconds disconnects again. I cant find a common factor
> besides the portmaster and/or our modems (USR Robotics rackmounts).

Yes, this happens to us as well. I have no idea why. I would chaulk it
up to phone-line problems on the customers end, but they can stay
logged into a BBS forever, but get dropped from us for no apparent reason.
Telco says all our lines check out good. This is with USR Courier/USR
sportster and multi-tech zdx3428 on our end. It doesn't seem to matter
what's on the customers end. This also used to happen to me when I was
a customer of other ISP's, they all had Portmasters, but then again, who
doesn't.

-joe