Re: $200 modem advice...

jeff wheat (jeff@CetLink.Net)
Wed, 11 Oct 1995 09:23:38 -0400 (EDT)

What seems to be your experiences with the cardinal 28.8's? I have heard
from a few people nothing but good things. I'm curious to know the problems.
>From personal experience, as long as V.FC mode is disabled on the
Cardinal's they work just great. I have not had a single problem with them.

My experience with the US Robotics is that they like to randomly drop the
connection when non-USR modems connect to them. USR told me that the
problem was that the users needed to get better modems... Seems like they
will work great when othyer USR modems connect to them, but have random
problems otherwise.

-jeff

Jeff Wheat jeff@cetlink.net Network Systems Engineer
Computer Enhancement Technologies, Inc, South Carolina +1.803.327.2754