Re: $200 modem advice...

root (root@jeffnet.org)
Tue, 10 Oct 1995 15:55:32 -0700

On Tue, 10 Oct 1995, Paul Guzyk wrote:

> Is there such a thing as a <$200 v.34 modem that works well for ISP's with
> Portmasters?
> Has anyone had good (or bad) experiences with Microcom v.34, Zoom,
> Accura's, Motorola etc? I'd like to hear your opinions...thanks!

Well, we use the zoom v34/vFC modems and they seem to work fine with just
a generic init string (&c1&d2s0=1). Every now and then one hangs, but I
think I just need to tell it NO FAXES and that problem will probably go away.

JEFFNET - A membership public access internet service provider, sponsored
by the Jefferson Public Radio Listeners Guild.
Business office: (503)552-6301 WWW - http://jeffnet.org/
Software Support: (503)488-1702 E-Mail - JPR@jeffnet.org
Hardware/Server: (503)734-3721
The State Of Jefferson - We secede from the union every Thursday