Re: routes and netmasks (fwd)

Igor V. Semenyuk (iga@sovam.com)
Tue, 10 Oct 1995 20:00:47 +0300 (MMT)

> On Sun, 8 Oct 1995, Igor V. Semenyuk wrote:
>
> > Try to figure out how to make routing to remote C class networks
> > when they can login into any of your boxes.
>
> - Put the route into your radius setup
> "Framed-Route = "a.b.c.d 0.0.0.0 1"
> - Have the Portmasters send RIP
> - Have your other routers listen to the RIP from the Portmasters.

That's great! I haven't tried it yet, but I suppose it will do
what we want.

I understand one can't efficiently use a bunch of portmaster without
running radius, but wish Livingston had expressed more explicitly,
if not in the documentation then thru support...

And finally, I noticed a portmaster not stopping announcing a
(static) route to a remote LAN after the conneection to this LAN
has been disconnected. This breaks everything :-(

--
Igor V. Semenyuk                    Internet: iga@sovam.com
SOVAM Teleport                      Phone:    +7 095 258 4170