Radius..Merit

Darryl Trujillo (dmt@monitor.net)
Sun, 8 Oct 1995 15:18:28 -0700

<v02130501ac9dfd151b02@[199.4.126.2]>
Date: Sun, 8 Oct 1995 15:18:30 -0700
To: david barnhill <barnhill@oz.sunflower.org>,
portmaster-users@livingston.com
From: dmt@monitor.net (Darryl Trujillo)
Subject: Re: Trouble with Mac user using Open Transport

At 8:37 AM 10/7/95, david barnhill wrote:

> > does not work with opentransport
> >

> This has been our experience as well. Does anyone have a clue
>whether
> this is user configuration or whether this is something inherent
>in
> Broken Transport? I haven't gotten a copy to see what's going on
>with it
> myself, but surely it's going to support PPP connections?

Supposedly, Open Transport 1.0.7 will work with a new version of
MacPPP - I think it's 2.12SD. I haven't tried this new
combination, but for pre-1.0.7 users it's pretty simple to disable
the TCP portion of Open Transport and go back to using MacTCP:

In the Extensions folder, remove the two Open Transport "Internet"
libraries.

In the Control Panels folder, remove the TCP/IP control panel and
replace it with a copy of MacTCP.

- dmt