RE: Winsock script?

William Sommers (sommers@sfo.com)
Sat, 7 Oct 95 18:34:19 PDT

On Sat, 7 Oct 1995 20:13:52 -0500 Dennis Toeppen wrote:

> Does anyone out there have a Trumpet Winsock script which works
> properly with a PM2E with Radius? I have modified someone else's script,
> but I can't get it to work reliably. Your assistance would be greatly
> appreciated... Please email to dennis@net66.com.

In case it might help others, I'm posting to the list as well. As they have
explicitly prohibited distribution of a modified complete script without
prior written consent, I can offer only the diffs.

Note that this is for version 2.1x ONLY, and that the mods are for PPP
operation only (we don't have any SLIP customers :-). The square brackets
are provided for clarity of separation from surrounding text, not to be
taken literally.

1. Line reading [$prompt = ">"] changes to [$prompt = ")"]

2. Line reading [$userprompt = "sername:"] changes to
[$userprompt = "ogin:"]

3. Line reading [input %prompttimeout $pppready] can be commented out.

That's it. I'm sure the third change could've been handled in a number of
other ways, but getting rid of it altogether has certainly worked for us.
The first change is a bit funky as well -- pure coincidence that a
close-parenthesis is generated by the PM at the right time.

Cheers!

William Sommers
San Francisco Online
Televolve, Inc.