Re: Trouble with Mac user using Open Transport

david barnhill (barnhill@oz.sunflower.org)
Sat, 7 Oct 1995 10:37:20 -0500 (CDT)

On Fri, 6 Oct 1995, Christian Nielsen wrote:

> On Fri, 6 Oct 1995, Kevin L. McBride wrote:
>
> > I have a Mac user who is trying to get connected using the Open
> > Transport stuff that comes with MacOS 7.5.2.
> >
> > He gets the PPP link up and can get stats from MacPPP showing that
> > the IP address, gateway address, DNS address, etc. are all OK.
> >
> > MacTCP Watcher, however, cannot ping through the connection.
>
> does not work with opentransport

This has been our experience as well. Does anyone have a clue whether
this is user configuration or whether this is something inherent in
Broken Transport? I haven't gotten a copy to see what's going on with it
myself, but surely it's going to support PPP connections?

::db

W. David Barnhill Barnhill@oz.sunflower.org
Director, Technical Services www.sunflower.org/~barnhill
Sunflower Network, Inc. webman@oz.sunflower.org