Re: Livingston Support and Service Haaaaa (I disagree...)

Chris Woods (cjwoods@nosferatu.usa1.net)
Fri, 6 Oct 1995 17:31:33 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 6 Oct 1995, Mury Andrew Johnson wrote:

> Ah, don't fret we love ya.

Yup! I get more portmaster-users mail in my box than any single other list
(no, I'm not on inet-access any more), and I value it. I have learned the
solutions to many problems here, both from the folks at Livingston (thanks
to Brian, Carl and Brian) and from other Portmaster users.

> Livingston's tech support isn't perfect by any means, but it's pretty
> darn good, and I haven't seen anything better from any other companies.

Best tech support I have gotten. When I place a call in an urgent
situation, and I make sure that the person who answered the phone knows
it's *urgent* (like, I have a 250-line POP that's offline, or whatever), I
get a call back from an Engineer *always* the same day, usually within a
couple hours.

Sooo, in the 2 years I've been dealing with Livingston, I have had my
share of problems with the product, as with any other product. The
difference is that Livingston has always been responsive, and has always
fixed the problems that I've had, and with a good sense of priority, IMHO.

Chris Woods Senior System Administrator USAinternet, Inc.
GCS/CM/IT d- s++:+ a- C++++$ ULS++++$ P+++$>++++ L++++$ E W$ N+ !o
K++ !w--- !O !M-- !V-- PS+? !PE !Y+>++ PGP+ t+@ !5 X !R tv? b+ DI++
cjwoods@usa1.net http://www.usa1.com 508-774-4700