RE: Livingston Support and Service (fwd)

Ian M Smith (iansmith@ncinter.net)
Fri, 6 Oct 1995 15:41:49 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 6 Oct 1995, Brian 'MegaZone' Bikowicz wrote:
> The kind of thing that really doesn't require an engineer. And they do
> support to - if you need a password override, or a remote upgrade, etc - they
> are the ones who do it most of the time.
>
> They are a *very* important part of the organization - they take a large load
> off of the engineers, leaving us more time to work on the tougher problems or
> the customers who maybe need more help than others.

I have been pretty happy with tech support. When I called to have
Livingston upgrade my Portmaster, I was impressed that the person that
answered the phone could do it right there. The usual path is to state
my problem to someone who has no idea who I am talking to, get transfered
to another department who has no idea what I want, so I have to tell them
again, and then get sent to someone who can help me, and restate my
problem a third time.

--
IanSmith@ncinter.net                 Visit Below!
My HP48/Imagine/ImageMaster Page --> http://www.ncinter.net/~iansmith/