Re: Setting an IP in Radius for login (fwd)

Michael Dillon (michael@junction.net)
Wed, 4 Oct 1995 23:10:58 -0700 (PDT)

On Wed, 4 Oct 1995, Brian 'MegaZone' Bikowicz wrote:

> Once upon a time Bill Butler shaped the electrons to say...
> >serial port (i.e. give them an idletime of zero based on a particular
> >username). It is possible or do I have to set idle timeouts on a per port
> >basis only?
>
> Not at this time, idle timeouts are only per port.

This is not quite true. He could modify RADIUS to run an "expect" script
when that user logs in and the "expect" script can reset the idle time on
the port. Then when the customer disconnects, the "expect" script can
turn idle time back on.

A similar solution has been used in the past to add and delete static
host routes in order to achive variable length subnet masking in the PM's.

Michael Dillon Voice: +1-604-546-8022
Memra Software Inc. Fax: +1-604-542-4130
http://www.memra.com E-mail: michael@memra.com