Re: Mac PPP clients don't work with my PM2eR

Michael Dillon (michael@junction.net)
Tue, 3 Oct 1995 15:24:31 -0700 (PDT)

On Tue, 3 Oct 1995, Robert Boyle wrote:

> I have a very strange problem. I signed up 2 macintosh users today... the
> first ones on our system. I spend 6 hours on the phone... 3 with each of
> them to try to firgure this thing out. Here is what happens:

Macintosh users are usually pretty easy to get connected. None of the PPP
default settings need to be changed. Just obvious stuff like DNS address and
SERVER addressing in MacTCP and the modem type and authentication info in
ConfigPPP. However, I do know that people using the New Open Transport
TCP/IP are having problems recently. But the older MacTCP seems to work fine.
You might want to scan comp.sys.mac.comm to see what people are saying
about Open Transport.

> since I am expecting to sign up several schools in the coming weeks. Anyone
> with any mac/pm experience... I'll listen to/try anything at this point. I'm
> going to buy a mac tomorrow for experimentation.

This is probably the best thing. And buy a copy of the internet Starter
kit for Macintosh along with it.

Michael Dillon Voice: +1-604-546-8022
Memra Software Inc. Fax: +1-604-542-4130
http://www.memra.com E-mail: michael@memra.com