Re: Mac PPP clients don't work with my PM2eR

Herb Weiner (herbw@wiskit.com)
Tue, 03 Oct 95 06:31:27 PDT

Mury Andrew Johnson <mury@main.goldengate.net> writes:

> I too have had a nightmare with Macs. I have it all figured out now,
> with one exception. I can't get the Mac popmail to work. And for some
> reason it is dependant on the netmask. If I set the users netmask to
> 255.255.255.0 they can send, but not receive mail. And if I set if for
> 255.255.255.192 they can receive, but not send.

Try a netmask of 255.255.255.255 on both the Mac and the PortMaster.

> If you can tell us what you are putting in the users config, maybe I can
> spot the trouble, because I have gone through every possible combination
> myself, before I hit on the winning one. Someone really has to write
> better Mac software for ppp services.

I've had no problems at all with the Mac PPP software. Just be sure to
configure netmask, default route (gateway), DNS, and IP (assign by server).

Herb