Re: (PM) Re: PortMaster Users Digest V99 #347

Jim Logan (jim@top.net)
Sat, 25 Dec 1999 10:06:26 -0600

He's Loading the Generic (which is intended to load with 1 Meg - or
more)... I had the same type of problem and Jake is right, he needs to
contact Livingston/Lucent and they can try walking him thru the commands
(there were about 5-6 command lines as I recall) to physically erase the
NVRam and then try reloading the Generic and building from there.

At 03:43 PM 12/25/1999 +0100, you wrote:

> > Date: Sat, 25 Dec 1999 12:10:26 +0530
> > From: Tushar Gupta <tushar@surevin.net>
> > Subject: (PM) pm2e not booting
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > Our pM2e system is not booting, and exits wirh following error log. we
> > even tried netbooting with a fresh image from a TFTP server but the
> > problem is still existing in netbooting also. Please let us know what
> > may be the problem.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Tushar
> >

> > Livingston Enterprises, Inc. Boot Prom Rev G
> >
> > Testing Low Memory....
> > Testing System Clock....
> > Testing System Memory.... 1024K
> > Checking Boot Rom....
> > Calibrating.... 33MHz
> > Starting Net Boot.....
> > Sending RARP request for 0:c0:5:1:29:4a
> > Sending RARP request for 0:c0:5:1:29:4a
> >
> > > address 12.10.197.7
> > OK
> > > netmask 255.255.255.240
> > OK
> > > tftp 12.10.197.3
> > Starting tftp...
> > Requesting tftp of /tftpboot/C0AC507.PM2 from server c0ac503
> > Request failed - 1 File not found
> > Requesting tftp of /tftpboot/GENERIC.PM2 from server c0ac503
> > 310448 tftp complete
> > Verifying Load Module Checksum...
> > Starting Load Module ...
> > Error 22 loading kernel
> > - failed from memory
> >
> > Livingston Enterprises, Inc. Boot Prom Rev G
> >
> > Testing Low Memory....
> > Testing System Clock....
> > Testing System Memory.... 1024K
>
>A wild shot:
>Have you checked the release notes if the firmware will run in 1M or if it
>needs 4M?
>

>Leif
>
>-
>To unsubscribe, email 'majordomo@livingston.com' with
>'unsubscribe portmaster-users' in the body of the message.

******* Top Net InterNet Services ********
Omaha, Nebraska www.top.net
Voice: (402) 339-5609
Fax: (402) 333-8383