Sega Dreamcast Fix or is it? ;) (was Re: (PM) release notes)

I don't work for LINS (livingston@iav.com)
Wed, 22 Dec 1999 04:18:37 -1000 (HST)

On Wed, 22 Dec 1999, Sean Conkling wrote:

> After reviewing the relase notes, I didnt see anything on the fixes for
> sega dreamcast users. Does anyone have anyinfo on that fix ??

Uhm, which release notes?

C'MON people, be more specific!!
*sigh* some days it just feels like people don't want to put any effort
into getting things fixed...

ComOS 3.9b27 release notes has:

________Code Fixed for Sega Dreamcast Game

New modem code for the Sega Dreamcast video game modem has been
implemented. As a result, the PortMaster switches to buffered mode more
quickly -- after 10 seconds rather than after 40 seconds.

This quicker mode change allows the PortMaster to conduct Link Access
Procedure for Modems (LAPM) negotiation and detect open distributed
processing (ODP) failures if it receives an exchange identification
(XID) within 10 seconds. Otherwise, the PortMaster uses the Microcom
Networking Protocol (MNP) or buffered code.

--
Aloha from Paradise,

Sherwood Got Clue? If so: ISPF! The Forum for ISPs by ISPs, <http://www.ispf.com>