Re: (PM) ram for PM3 (fwd)

Christopher E. Brown (cbrown@denalics.net)
Tue, 14 Dec 1999 06:13:00 -0900 (AKST)

On Tue, 14 Dec 1999 mail2news-portmaster-users@csulb.edu wrote:

> [...]

Forgive the bad spelling, but it is an electrolytic reaction
between dissimilar metals.

Given 2 metals, and an electrical current the less noble metal
will give up material to the more noble metal.

On a boat in saltwater you can see a reaction between
aluminium and steel in days (this is why a buffer material is normally
used), in a memory system more than a few months.

Most of the failures I have seen were well after the year mark
when the buildup started causing memory errors.

---
As folks might have suspected, not much survives except roaches,
and they don't carry large enough packets fast enough...
--About the Internet and nuclear war.