Re: (PM) pm3 speed

Doug Hardie (bc979@lafn.org)
Mon, 13 Dec 1999 23:41:34 -0800

At 22:37 -0800 12/13/99, keith@mail.telestream.com wrote:
>Is there a way to improve on the speeds of my dialup users?
>I have the pm3 with the 56k modems up and working. Users say they don't
>realy notice any differnce in speed at all even though they are shown as
>being logged in with decent connect speeds.
>Thanks for any comments.
>
>Keith

56K may not appear to be any faster if what they are evaluating is the time
it takes a web page at some random location on the internet to come up.
Network transfer times and delays may swamp the transmission time
differences. About the only way to really tell what they are getting is to
have them ftp a large file from one of your servers and get the
transmission statistics from it.

-- Doug